Monday, April 1, 2013

March Evaluation


Spiritual
  • Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan- Have been on track until yesterday. Will get back on track this week
  • Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of)- I have not focused on anything extra, but continued to work on verses from last months prayer class as well as the Proverbs 31 woman with the kids
  • Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading- This one has seriously been lacking as I have struggled to get up early. 
  • Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things)- I am continuing to record, but many times forget the things I want to write down so behind in number from where I would like to be
  • Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this)- Again some struggle here, I did this about half the month, and still working on refining my recording system
Personal
  • Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial- Finished The Story Template but did not read  any other book as planned
  • Journal 5 days a week- I might have journaled 5 times this month, refining this one to 2-3 times a week
  • Write (working on books) 5 days a week- Might have writen 2 days the whole month, refining this one to 2 days a week for now
  • Finish my first fiction book- Seriously behind where I hoped to be at this point
  • Write 3 blog posts a week- I believe I averaged this, though I did not actually do this every week
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! Love those ladies
  • Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write- This did not happen, Hope to plan an extra one during the summer when things are not as chaotic
  • Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian- Definitely on track to do this. Should complete Unit 2 this week!
  • Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education- I have had lots of conversations, but still put nothing on paper. Need to get on top of this!
Marriage
  • Go on a date once a month- Yes, In fact I think we did 2 :)
  • Go on one overnight trip away- Planning one for May!
  • Read together for 30 minutes once a week- We have started to read together 2 evenings a week
  • Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon- Yes
Kids
  • Take each child on a "date" once a month- Sadly I'm not sure if this happened. It was a frazzled month
  • Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes)- I am getting better at this though it did not happen with every child every week
  • Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian- Yes! Both have it memorized and we are working on Proverbs 31:10-31
  • Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian- On track and already thinking about next years curriculum! 
  • Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays- Yes
  • (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
Homemaking
  • Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more)- Have one garden bed made and figuring out what to put in it
  • Try 1 new recipe a month- No and this is not a high priority so may get scratched for now
  • Keep up with cleaning calendar- Major fail this month, starting again today
  • Develop general cleaning schedule- Have not yet
Health and Fitness
  • Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week- I have gotten 2 days pretty regularly and will continue with that for now
  • Lose 30 lbs- Had some progress, but it was because of a stomach bug, must keep it off
Ministry
  • Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month- Yes, still praying for more people to pray
  • Email workers once a month- I have not emailed everyone this month as it has been crazy
  • Send 2 encouraging notes a month- No, hoping to catch up and improve in this area
March was quite chaotic. As soon as I sought to improve in areas I felt I was attacked immediately and have not kept up well at all. A week and a half ago we had a stomach but in the house, which caused some set backs as well as struggling to get up in the morning. Right now I feel like I just cannot get enough sleep. I hope to improve in April, but only by God's grace will it happen. Lord, please grant me the strength and ability to do what You have called me to do!

How was March for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment