Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Be Yourself

Throughout my life I feel like I have always had someone telling me there was something wrong with me, whether from outside sources or from my own mind. It seems to be more and more prevalent that we’re being told how we have to think, look, dress and act. We are told what is acceptable as a profession and hobbies. There are a lot of rules. (Reminds me of the Pharisees.) Obviously, to some degree we are told these things by God in how we are to love Him and love others. But the older I get the more I realize there is a lot of gray in the specifics, and God has made us each differently. We have different body types, coloring, talents, thoughts, callings and jobs that are not right or wrong. They are just part of the vast diversity that God has given to His people.

“If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell?” 1 Corinthians 12:17

When we try to be the same, we lose the purpose of how God created us, to work with others to bring Him glory. The beauty in the Body of Christ is the diversity in it. The beauty in us is living out the roles God has given each of us to live. So be yourself, your redeemed self as my husband says. We live under the Lordship of Jesus, following the rules He has given us to live by through the power of the Holy Spirit in us. And in that we live out the person God created us to be.


So who has God made you? Seek with Him to figure that out and don’t stop living the life He has called you to for His Kingdom and His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment