Friday, March 11, 2016

No Children, No Pets

This book is part of the Sonlight Core A curriculum we are currently using. It was such a fun book for our family to read together. Even reading it again after only 2 years, I was delightfully surprised by it again. My kids also enjoyed reading it and Lillian shared it at a kids book club we had today.

I really appreciate the simple style of writing that is also full and rich. My kids would readily ask me what words meant so their vocabulary was built as we read. The story takes this family from Pennsylvania to Florida when they inherit an apartment building from their great uncle. The two rules, No Children, No Pets. This family has both. The kids go out on adventures to figure out the mysteries of the building and try to figure out how to stay there and not go back to Pennsylvania. The book is just a good story with interwoven stories throughout.

I would definitely recommend this book.

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment