Thursday, July 22, 2010

First Day On Our Own

I love to look at my life and think, "This isn't exactly how I thought my life would be, but I would not have it any other way."
Yesterday we had a wonderful final day with my parents here. We slept in, worked on more organizing, went to Target (less than 5 minutes from the apartment. I love having everything right here), Ate lunch at Fazoli's, lazy afternoon, walked to BoomBozz for dinner (awesome pizza, spinach dip and dessert) and spent the evening hanging out until Jim took my parents to catch the bus. As everything else with this move, seeing them go was hard but we know we will see them again soon.
So today was our first day with just the 4 of us. Thankfully Jamey let us sleep in a bit again. I am still super wiped from the move. We all are. Jim and I worked on organizing our room and some more of the apartment. It is still a process trying to figure out exactly where we want everything and I am sure many things will change places half a dozen times. We decided to try a Mexican restaurant close to the apartment and I was completely unimpressed. I miss La Parrilla and Monterrey. I guess we'll keep trying until we find something close. We also walked down to the playground for a few minutes and let Jamey swing. It is very humid here. It's not really any different from Atlanta temperature wise right now. However I know come winter it will get quite chilly! I am looking forward to experiencing 4 seasons during the next year. I hope I will not be disappointed.
After dinner we had wind down time with Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy per usual. I do love that family tradition. While emptying out a bag I found a stuffed Eeyore and showed Jamey. He promptly went to one of his new toy bins in the entertainment center and pulled out another stuffed Eeyore that he has been playing with the past couple of days. I am always so impressed with my boy. We traded Eeyores and then he took them both. It is amazing how much kids learn and how quickly they learn it, even when we are not "intentionally" teaching them.
This evening he did not want to go to sleep. We did allow him to stay up late last night because of my parents leaving so I guess he just thought it was not time for bed even thought he was acting extremely sleepy. Prayers for his continued adjustment would be VERY appreciated.
Lillian has been smiling, laughing and talking up a storm. This little girl has definitely found her voice. The other night we were eating at the table and she was in her swing. She made herself very loud until we went and got her a seat for the table and put her with the group. Again I am completely amazed by children. She is still adjusting with her sleeping. We have gotten back up to 5-6 hour stretch at night (she was sleeping 9 hours the week before we left) and she was getting up every 3-4 again with the initial move. It amazes me how in tune babies really are. Why do people think children are stupid? She is also quite aware of when Jamey is not around because she is awake and wants to be center of attention. She did bless us with an hour nap in the middle of Jamey's nap today. I have such wonderful children. They are a great blessing from God. They really are.
Jim played Mario Kart with Winston over the internet since we now have that connected. I think they both found it amusing.
And Jim has an interview for a full time evening shift NICU job at Norton Suburban, 3 miles from the apartment! Please pray for God's guidance in this. It will make some things easier and some things more challenging but we know God will provide in whatever way He see fit.
I am enjoying a different environment. This is so interesting and educational. I cannot wait to see what all God will teach me/us here.
Day 6

2 comments:

  1. What Mexican restaurant did you try? Our favorite "Americanized" Mexican place is actually in Indiana. It's about 15 minutes away, but worth the drive (in our opinion). :) It's called Ruben's, and it's off Exit 5 (65N).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fazoli's! I used to eat there every week when in college :)

    ReplyDelete