Friday, July 2, 2010

Sewing

Something I never thought I would be interested in: Sewing. But not too long ago I made my first skirt and it was quite a success. Today I almost completed a pair of shorts for my sister, however we ran out of thread and so Melissa must finish them hem for me. I need to check out my grandmother's sewing machine and see if I can take it with me to practice and make additional clothing as well as hem up some cloth wipes. I am hoping it will still be a couple years before making clothes for all of us is a necessity but as modest clothing, particularly for girls, is getting more difficult to find, I may be making clothes, at least for my baby girl, sooner than I think. I will miss having Melissa as a near by resource but there are some good things about modern technology. :) I will also miss her awesome sewing machine.
Jim is on his last two nights of work. He has told me people are upset about his leaving as, thankfully, he is well liked. I hope our transition will be a testimony to the importance of following God's call on your life, no matter what the cost. We know his application is under review at one place so prayer is needed as there is not much time until we move.
2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment