Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Thought I Left The Deep South

I have been so amazed at how friendly and welcoming people have been here. Today we tried Mimi's Cafe and told them we were new so they gave us a box of YUMMY muffins to take home! Yesterday we went to a local bookstore and the owner gave Jamey a free finger puppet. Our second day we went to Chick-fil-A and received free ice cream cones after telling the manager we were new. Almost every place people talk to you as if they have known you forever. It's like the way I remember Smyrna being when I was real little. It is sad to see how much the Southern hospitality has left the Metro Atlanta area. Louisville is like being home without being home. And people do not look at you weird if you make a random observational note out loud. That is quite nice, as currently I am making a lot of observational side notes as we check out and explore our new home.
Jamey has been cracking me up as he "jabbers" all the time and looks at you like you should understand. He has started saying "please that" when he wants something but it sounds like pizza. He has started walking around with diapers saying "diders" and will sometimes actually say Hi instead of just waving. He learns more everyday and constantly amazes me. Oh, and he copies me stacking blocks and then loves to knock them down. He is such a boy. God really does have a sense of humor giving the oldest of 4 girls a boy first. I so love learning about boys and their weird ways. I still have not figured out why they enjoy being hit in the head or thrown around. If anyone can explain these that would be most appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment