Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Food, Fitness and Faith

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Food, Fitness, and Faith for Women: A 21 Day Journey to a New You was our book for my current SWI class, Raising Healthy families. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Based on the title I thought 21 days with 21 things to do, essentially a what to do guide book. That was not the case. This book was insightful  challenging and Scripturally based. There was no "you must do this" or "you cannot do that". Instead each day had a topic on health weather physical, spiritual or emotional and they discussed the subject with Scripture and thoughts. It gave suggestions, but ultimately said that anything you do needs to be discussed with the Lord and physical decisions should be discussed with your doctor.

My favorite aspect was the questions to consider at the end of each chapter. There was nothing fancy, simply things to think about and write down goals or ways to apply what you are learning. There is no guilt just facts and things for you to think on.

I highly recommend this book. Though it says for women, I found it very straight forward and not overly girly so I think a man could read it if he so desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment