Monday, September 24, 2012

Writing Retreat!

What an amazing weekend! It was tiring, but educational and so much fun. I love writing and I love being around people who love to write. It was such a blessing to be able to go with 10 other people to a beautiful mountain cabin and discuss what writing is and how it is glorifying to God. God is the Creator of all things, the maker of Heaven and Earth. We are created in the image of God and therefore we also have the ability to create. Writing is creating! And therefore it is God honoring to create, to write. I personally believe that these talents can be used falsely and create things that are not God honoring, but if we are seeking the Lord, let our creative juices flow and see what beautiful things we can create!

261. Kids laughing
262. SWI
263. Learning about herbs and spices and how good they are for us
264. Learning about creative prayers
265. God reiterating to me that He wants me to create
266. Walking with Ann
267. Walking about 3 miles!
268. Quills Coffee (I cannot get addicted)
269. Meeting new people who like to write
270. Meeting people who are different than me and I can learn from
271. Being able to discuss differences
272. Courage to spend a day with people I don't know
273. Courage to share my creativity
274. Being able to encourage others
275. Being encouraged by others
276. Learning to see things in a different creative light
277. The sunset
278. Learning more about God's grace
279. Not being able to fully comprehend who God is
280. Being able to seek God and know Him more
281. Getting a few pictures hung
282. Jim and Becca thoroughly cleaning the kitchen
283. A fenced yard the kids can play in
284. Jamey and Lillian helping to put up groceries
285. Jamey knowing where the groceries go
286. Finding several things we needed on manager's special
287. Watching Jamey playing with Reuben
288. Reuben giggling at Jamey's antics
289. Reuben in the kids room!
290. All 3 kids napping at the same time for about 3 hours!
291. Getting to journal
292. Writing almost 2 pages in my story
293. Jamey talking in funny voices
294. Jamey singing to the Bible verse CD
295. Jamey saying Scripture
296. Lillian saying Scripture
267. Watching my kids make connections
268. Lillian's funny sense of humor
269. Sleep
270. Having access to the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment