Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Am A Mom

For anyone who knows me, that is an obvious statement. But as Gabriel is now a week old it has hit me once again, I am a mom. Not only am I a mom, I am a mom to 4 precious children that God has given to me to raise for Him. I am in even more awe and wonder at this fact as I have been given one more. It is great responsibility and in that it is an honor.

I have always desired a family and a large family at that. I remember dreaming of my children at a young age,  naming them, wondering what they would look like. But this, the children and life God has given me, is far beyond anything I could have ever hoped, dreamed or imagined. I am blessed far more than I deserve to be. But I am thankful. Thankful that in Christ I am worthy to be called a child of God and because of the work Christ has done for me I can hope to raise the children He has loaned to me for His kingdom and His glory.

At times it is overwhelming. Am I fit to raise 4 children? On my own, no. In my own strength, not at all. But in Christ I am fit. In Christ I have the strength to do what He has asked me to do every day and bring up these children in the Lord. Only in Christ are all these things possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment