Thursday, April 3, 2014

Isaiah 6:1-5

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above Him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:
'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!'
And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: 'Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!"

When Isaiah saw the majesty and glory of the Lord, he knew immediately how sinful he was. Often times I think we are not really taught nor do we think about how wonderful and glorious and perfect and holy the Lord, the God of the universe is. In this we fail to see how grievous our sin is. We need a correct perspective of God and a correct perspective of sin to really grasp what Jesus did for us on the cross. It is an amazing and wonderful gift, but do we really appreciate it. Ask God to show you how good and perfect and holy He is. Ask God to show you how deep and grievous your sin is. Thank God that in His mercy He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for your sin. 

Lord, help me to see how perfect and holy You are. Help me to see how terrible my sin is. Help me to never take the cross for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment