Sunday, April 13, 2014

Jesus Has Ultimate Authority

Last Sunday we read about Jesus's trial before Pilate in John 18:33-19:3. We discussed 3 questions from the passage, but the first is the one that really hit home. Pilate asks Jesus, "Are You the King of the Jews?" asking Jesus about His authority.

The answer to this question is a resounding YES! Jesus is the King of the universe. Jesus responds, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews." Jesus is King over all.

Right now this is something I am really fighting to remember as I await the birth of my 5th child. I have tried to take control, telling God when the baby should be born and attempting to manipulate my body in my timing. God gently reminded me, He is the ultimate authority. I have not wanted to give Him the authority He is due, but I want to tell Him how it should be done.

When we relinquish control of authority, then we can truly live in freedom because we know God is in control and we do not have to worry. God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment