Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- This has sort of happened in a sporadic way
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Maybe most days. 
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Yes! 
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I read over Proverbs 31:10-31 and have 10-14 down, still working on getting this in my daily routine
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month- Yes
  • Go on a night away once this year- No, need to figure out when this might be possible
  • Read 3 books together this year- We have not started any yet
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Most
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do this. I know it happened here and there, but still need to plan this better
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- We have either gone to playgroup or had friends over on cold days
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- Nope
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Wrote in one or two
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Worked on getting my scrap stuff organized so I can do this
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- I'm changing my definition of what this means, so I did this about half the month
  • Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
  • Being fully present when with my family- I did not do this as well as I would have liked, but by God's grace I've seen some improvement
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes!
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- I've had 1 this year and hope to get in 3 more after the baby is born
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- Yes! I read "Loving the Little Years" and "Pieces of Light". Reviews to come after Easter
  • Journal 5 days a week- I think I did this about 2 weeks. This month has been a little rough 
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- Nope
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- The only editing came from writing group
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- No initial planning done this month
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Did  not work on this, hoping to jump back in in April
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! 
  • Blog 3 days a week- I have posts for almost every day on both blogs
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Yes!
  • Maintain weight until birth- Struggling with this, though not gaining as fast as I usually do
  • Lose weight after giving birth
March was not as difficult as February, but still a challenge. Most of this month has been spent teaching, getting ahead in school, cleaning and preparing for the baby. I'm less than 2 weeks from due date and really have been struggling with wanting to be done. It's a mental battle that must be fought with prayer and right now it's a moment by moment struggle.

How was your March?

No comments:

Post a Comment