Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Taking It For Granted

As I have been reflecting on sin and the death of Christ, I have realized how much I take Jesus's sacrifice for granted. I easily excuse sin, I refuse to repent or just treat it as if it is no big deal. Jesus died so that we could live in freedom not bondage. When I take the cross for granted I am hurting so many. I think many of us are guilty of doing this.

Let's stop abusing the cross and taking it for granted. Let's call sin what it is and seek together through the power of the Trinity living inside of us to put sin to death.

Lord, help us to over come! Help us to no longer take our salvation for granted, but live a people saved by grace to a higher calling, Your calling, where we put sin to death and live the life You have created us to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment