Monday, June 30, 2014

June Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Yes! God has given me a passion to devour the Word!
  • Memorize verses with the kids - We are not learning anything new currently
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I read over Proverbs 31:10-31 and have 10-14 down, Have not even worked on this in June
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month- We have been on at least 1 a week! 
  • Go on a night away once this year- Yes, went overnight to Lexington for our 10th anniversary
  • Read 3 books together this year- This month we read "When Sinners Say 'I Do'" together
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Sort of, getting better at it
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Some, but not a lot. Right now Jim and I are working on making our marriage 1st priority, so this will come later
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Yes
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- Don't think this happened this month
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Wrote in a couple
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Did nothing with this during June
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- Did not do this 
  • Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
  • Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this. God has been really working on me and helping me to do better in this area
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- This may have been too, lofty of a goal. As of right now I might get 1 more in this year
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- Yes! This month I read "A Novel Idea" and "Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God"
  • Journal 5 days a week- Yes! I've done this and more
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- Nope
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- Did a little editing one day
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- Did not get any planning done this month
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Have not worked on this
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! Had a nice meeting with Marie
  • Blog 3 days a week- Not at all. I've wanted to, but my thoughts are really scattered in the busyness. Hoping to get some down time soon
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Unable to do this this month, hoping to start back soon
  • Maintain weight until birth- Gained more than I wanted, but less than previous pregnancies!
  • Lose weight after giving birth- Beginning to lose the weight, but not being super active about it at the moment
June has been back and forth. Some days have been wonderful and others hard. We are learning together to trust God and His word completely and fully, His design for marriage and family and how to walk faithfully. I'm thankful to be excelling in the goals that are the most important priorities, by God's grace. I pray that will continue and that I will be able to add the others back in as God allows or completely toss those that need to go. I'm thankful to be learning so much and hope next month to share more of what God is teaching me with you.

What was June like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment