Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Yes! God is still giving me a passion to devour the Word!
  • Memorize verses with the kids - We are through Psalm 1 in school. Starting on more verses.
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I have made Proverbs 31:10-31 part of Lillian's school curriculum for this year and have  most of it memorized generally still need to get it in solidly. Sort of looked at Ephesians 1
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month- Still going on 1 a week and I think this is our new goal
  • Go on a night away once this year- Yes, went overnight to Lexington for our 10th anniversary
  • Read 3 books together this year- We have been reading lots of stuff for school of missions, but have not completed another book together yet
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Still improving, but mostly
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Some, but not a lot. Right now Jim and I are working on making our marriage 1st priority, so this will come later
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Yes
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- We did this in St. Louis this month
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Got behind on this this month, but will be writing in most of them this week
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Did nothing with this during Auust, not sure this one will happen, currently not at the top of the priority list, though I hope to get it accomplished sooner rather than later
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- We have cleaned but not keeping a schedule yet, hoping to get a chore chart going soon
  • Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
  • Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this. God has been really working on me and helping me to do better in this area
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- This may have been too, lofty of a goal. As of right now I might get 1 more in this year
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blogYes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- I'm reading a lot between reading with Jim, school with the kids and by myself, so we finished some books with school, but I personally have not completed any this month
  • Journal 5 days a week- The past 2 weeks I did not write as often as I should have. By God's grace I will get back into this next month
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- Did not get any writing done
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- Did a little editing one day
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- I don't think I will be doing this. There is just too much going on.
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Have not worked on this
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Had a good meeting for editing!
  • Blog 3 days a week- I actually averaged this early in the month. Surprised by that!
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Still not getting this in. Would love to, but still working on family priorities
  • Maintain weight until birth
  • Lose weight after giving birth- I joined Weight Watchers and I am down almost 10 lbs! 
Where did September go? It was such a busy month for us. We are really working on our family and seeking God's priorities for our life. This month Jim and I spent a lot of time together as well as with our kids. We've started School of Missions, we went on vacation to St. Louis, had school for both Jim and the kids, I really would like to redo my goals at this point, but with only 3 months left in the year I will keep what I have and work on them as God allows. I'm thankful for a year where many of my goals are falling through so that I can experience God's grace and learn more about Him and what He has for me. God is good!

How was your September?

No comments:

Post a Comment