Monday, September 1, 2014

August Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Yes! God is still giving me a passion to devour the Word!
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Started Psalm 1 review with the school year
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I have made Proverbs 31:10-31 part of Lillian's school curriculum for this year and have  most of it memorized generally still need to get it in solidly. Also working on Ephesians 1 with our church
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month- Still going on 1 a week and I think this is our new goal
  • Go on a night away once this year- Yes, went overnight to Lexington for our 10th anniversary
  • Read 3 books together this year- We finished "A Praying Life" and are working on books for School of Missions together and plan to start "Proof" soon
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Still improving, but mostly
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Some, but not a lot. Right now Jim and I are working on making our marriage 1st priority, so this will come later
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Yes
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- Nope
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Wrote in Sam's and Jamey's this month
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Did nothing with this during Auust, not sure this one will happen, currently not at the top of the priority list, though I hope to get it accomplished sooner rather than later
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- Started thinking about this more and seeking how to improve this for our family
  • Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
  • Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this. God has been really working on me and helping me to do better in this area
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- This may have been too, lofty of a goal. As of right now I might get 1 more in this year
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- I'm reading a lot between reading with Jim, school with the kids and by myself, though I only completed "A Praying Life" with Jim this month.
  • Journal 5 days a week- Yes! By God's grace I have written at least this if not more
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- I got in an average of 1 day a week I think, maybe a little more
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- Did a little editing one day
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- Did not get any planning done this month
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Have not worked on this
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- After changing meeting time, we were able to meet in August! So thankful for this group
  • Blog 3 days a week- Not at all. I've wanted to, but still working on how to prioritize our time better. Lots of prayer for this would be appreciated.
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Still not getting this in. Would love to, but still working on family priorities
  • Maintain weight until birth
  • Lose weight after giving birth- I joined Weight Watchers this month and am already losing! I think I've lost 4-5 lbs already! 
August was super busy! We started school with the kids, Jim started school, and this weekend we started School of Missions at Sojourn as a family. It has been wonderful getting back into a semi-normal routine and finding new rhythms. Jim and I are still seeking what this really needs to look like as a family so that our walk with God stays first, our marriage comes second, our children third and everything else after (hence why some of my goals have not been met or even worked on). We desire for our family to walk with the Lord first and foremost, and we are really being challenged by this as we have struggled to do this the past few years. God is moving and it is a blessing, but still quite a challenge. Please pray for our family as the Spirit leads so that we will be exactly what God wants us to be.

What was your August like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment