Friday, February 13, 2015

31 Years On Earth


My 31st year on earth was a little chaotic, with a lot going on in my life. The best thing God has been teaching me this year is to be who He has made me to be and to focus on Him and His view of me, not what others think of me or how they view me. So for my birthday post this year I'm sharing a little of who I am.

Most importantly, I am God's daughter, and if you know nothing else about me, that's OK, but He is teaching me that is the only identity that matters. Though I am a messed up horrible sinner, He has saved me by His Son. He loves me, cares for me and takes care of me like no one possibly can. I love telling people about Jesus and God's great love for us!

If you are interested, here is a little more about me.

I'm married to Jim and have been for 10 1/2 years.
I am the mother to 6 precious gifts: Jamey, Lillian, Reuben, Gabriel, Samuel, and baby boy (whose name we're working on for June). I love having a big family!
Starting in 2009 I have been pregnant on my birthday except for 2013, after having Gabriel the previous November.
I am a writer. I love to write and am in the process of editing my first novel to hopefully self publish soon. I'm also thinking of other book to write, such as other novels, a book on things God has taught me, and childbirth.
Keeping a journal is very therapeutic and helps me see what God is doing.
I love giving birth and talking about birth. I think everyone who is having a baby should be educated to the best of their ability on the subject.
I'm opinionated.
I really enjoy watching movies in the theatre. (I hate how much prices have gone up.)
I'm a TV-aholic.
I am rediscovering the joy of reading. I really like the classics.
I really like homeschooling my kids, though I never thought I would do this.
I like being around people, though I do much better in small groups.
I love to dance! I will try just about any style. I really enjoy swing, square and contra.
I like card and board games.
I really like ice cream.
I enjoy learning new languages and culture.
I love traveling.
I love the mountains, not the beach.
Disney World is an adults playground, no matter how they advertise it, and I love it. (I wish it was much cheaper.)
I love to sing and music really moves me.
I like using cloth products as opposed to paper generally speaking.
I'm not super girly, but I do enjoy wearing skirts and looking nice.
I hate make-up, but like painting my toenails fun colors.
I love pictures and like having them up around the house.
I'm OCD and a perfectionist. I desire for things to be organized, but usually fail miserably.
I carry a bag of some kind, usually a backpack, almost everywhere I go.
I am a deep person and really like to know people and have people know me.

Obviously this is not everything about me, but these are things I've been thinking about. I know there are more, but I don't want to bore you. Anyways, here's to being who God created me in my redeemed form and knowing He loves me no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment