Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jamey is 6!

Time flies faster and faster. I cannot believe my little Jamey is 6 years old. My first born is growing up so quickly and I sometimes would love for life to slow down for just a moment. But that's not the way the world works. Jamey has grown so much this year and it is exciting to see him becoming a young man, though I'm not yet ready for it (though are mama's ever ready for it?).

So what can I tell you about Jamey. He is fun and energetic and loves to get up early to start the day. He loves school, I mean really loves school. If we are off that day he hates it. If we have to miss a subject because of other things he hates it. He just wants to learn all the time. God made him to learn, think and create. Jamey's favorite hobby is drawing and coloring. I'm excited to see what happens with his art as he learns more and grows. He is also really enjoying is music class and learning to play the piano. He definitely reminds me of myself, though, when it comes to practicing, and praying he will grow in wanting to practice more instead of just doing the minimum.

Jamey is already asking deep questions about God, the Bible and Truth. This is so wonderful and God's grace in his life. We continue to pray that God will work in his heart and save Jamey. We have seen God's grace in Jamey's life as he grows in his role as big brother. He loves his siblings and takes care of them well. He is so excited about having another baby. God has really given him a heart for his family at such a young age, a huge blessing. He has such a sweet spirit. Jamey also loves his daddy and spending time with him. He wants to be just like him.

It's fun watching Jamey come into his own, learning how to order and ask for what he wants, learn how to clean and keep things in order, learning how to be a part of a family and just learning about life. I'm so thankful for his sweet spirit and inquisitive mind. God has blessed our family tremendously with this wonderful little (or not so little) boy. I'm so excited to see what God does with Jamey during his life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMEY! So thankful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment