Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lenten Season

I had planned to do another series during Lent this year, but family life is more important and so there is no specific series. Right now, during this season of reflecting on what Christ has done for us, learning to live the life He died to give me seems to be what He wants me to do. I struggle with this. I am a dreamer and always thinking of what else I could be doing. But that is not God's best. Right now His best for me is to learn to be who He has made me to be in the life He has given me to live. I'm still learning what that means for everyday life. Right now, some things have had to go so that I can get His priorities in order and that is clearly going to take some time to learn. Since Lent has started we have been cleaning, purging and organizing our house. As we do this, I see God working on the same things in my heart. What could be better than God purging the sin and darkness out of you? I can't really think of much else.

Thank You, Father, for saving me, for sending Jesus to die for me so that I might live with You! Help me this season to really learn who I am in You and to live according to Your Word and Your Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment