Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Purloined Letter

This classic by Edgar Allan Poe was my 8th in the Back to the Classics Challenge I'm participating in this year. This was my 19th Century Classic.

I normally really enjoy Poe, even though he is a dark writer. However this was so tame for him that I found myself not enjoying it. In fact I'm not really sure what the point of the story was aside from a small game of cat and mouse. The other point may be that an average person is better at detective work than detectives. I really don't know.

The positive notes are that it was well written and did have some interesting arguments about psychology and life that were thought provoking.

I really don't have much else to say about this short story because it was bland on the whole, at least to me.

Maybe 2.5 stars for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment