Saturday, January 9, 2016

Back to the Classics Challenge 2016

Last year I participated in the Back to the Classics challenge hosted by Books and Chocolate, and I'm planning to participate again. It was so much fun reading books I have been wanting to read for years as well as discovering a couple of new books. This year I'm not planning to be as hard core, as I need to read some growth books this year, but will still choose a book for each category to read and get to what I get to. Here are the categories and the books I'm choosing at this point from my collection. (Books may change as I go.)

A 19th Century Classic: The Purloined Letter
A 20th Century Classic: The Old Man and the Sea
A Classic by a Woman Author: A Murder is Announced
A Classic in Translation: Don Quixote
A Classic by a Non-White Author: Chronicle of a Death Foretold
An Adventure Classic: Treasure Island
A Fantasy, Science Fiction or Dystopian Classic: Dracula
A Classic Detective Novel: Murder on the Orient Express
A Classic Which Includes the Name of a Place in the Title: The Merchant of Venice
A Classic Which Has Been Banned or Censored: Les Liasons Dangereuses
Re-read a Classic You Read In School: Light in August
A Volume of Classic Short Stories: Arabian Nights Or A Good Man is Hard to Find and other stories


No comments:

Post a Comment