Monday, June 27, 2016

Dracula by Bram Stoker

I've been wanting to re-read this classic for quite sometime and the 2016 Back to the Classics Challenge gave me the perfect reason to do so! This book is for the category of A Fantasy, Science Fiction or Dystopian Classic.

I remember liking this book before, and I'm so thankful that I actually enjoy it now since it's been 17 years since I read it! In fact I loved this book! It was intricate, suspenseful and, for the most part, fast moving. I like that it is written in first person perspective from many people, giving the illusion of being all knowing, but each character only knowing parts until the culmination near the end. The honesty of the characters was also a nice touch as they wrote from there hearts.

Though I am familiar with the story, I enjoyed going through the mystery with the characters and watch as they put pieces together. The writing is simply brilliant. I could put myself there with the characters and see what the saw, hear what they heard and felt what they felt. It was hard to put down.

I never do this, but I would give this classic 5 stars. I would highly recommend it, but if you are sensitive to things of this nature I would exercise caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment