Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

I first read this book over 10 years ago and I remember it being extremely impactful. This time around I believe it was even more impactful as God has shown me so much since the last time I read this book and my relationship with Him has grown tremendously. As I read Crazy Love this time, I was struck by how, even in my growth of faith, I'm still lacking many of the markers of love and fall so short of giving God my best. This book was also a great reminder of living the life that God has given us according to his word but it doesn't mean that my life will look the same as everyone else's. There are markers of love that are common to all Christians but how it plays out is different according to what God has planned for your life.

The most convicting chapter was on what it means to be a luke-warm Christian. I challenge everyone to read this chapter. If you call yourself a Christian and your toes are not stepped on, then I would do some serious soul searching! Every other one pointed out somewhere I was failing.

The ultimate point of this book is that with the crazy, extravagant love that God has poured out on us, how can we not live crazy, extravagant love for God and others. How I needed to be reminded of this right now! And I'm quite sure you do too! I already need to read this book again.

5 Stars for this beautiful and challenging book!

For my 2019 Reading Challenges I'm using this book for:
1st Christian Living book under Christian Reading Challenge for Women with Jami Balmet
A Book About Christian Living under Tim Challies's Challenge, Light Section

No comments:

Post a Comment