Friday, May 24, 2019

The Minstrel in the Tower

This book is part of our Sonlight Curriculum in Core C. We're studing the middle ages and this quick read is a captivating story set in this time period.

The mother is ill and in desperate need of medicine. She sends her children to fetch a nobleman to come to her aid. Along the way the children are captured and held prisoner. The children scheme to get away and get help. Will their scheme succeed?

While an easy read, the story will hold your attention as the characters are made very real in their simplicity. I also appreciate the feeling of the time period and gaining some understanding of what this time in history was like.

My kids and I all enjoyed this book!

4 stars for this read

This does not fit well in any of my challenges, but I may use it as a choice book for Tim Challies.

No comments:

Post a Comment