Monday, May 27, 2019

The Door in the Wall

This wonderful book is a read aloud in our Core C Curriculum from Sonlight.

When we started this book, I was dreading it. The beginning made me dislike the main character, but instead of getting more annoyed with him, I grew to appreciate him as I appreciate my kids and their development.

Robin is set to become a squire when he becomes ill and loses the use of his legs. His father is away at war and his mother is attending the queen. Brother Luke comes to care for young Robin and this beautiful story of friendship, faith and coming of age unfolds. Robin learns skill along with bravery as he goes on his unexpected adventure.

I greatly appreciate the way the author deals with Robin's growth in thinking and feeling as well as his physical skill. It opened up many great conversations with my kids.

I highly recommend this book!

5 stars!

I'm using this book as A book of Your Choice in Tim Challies's Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment