Thursday, July 18, 2019

Getting Back to Writing

A couple weeks ago I shared about getting back to reading both individually and as a family. It has been such a blessing to us in this season where things have been a bit hectic. It has kept us away from the screens on the whole and had helped sparked imagination and new play for our kids. What a gift!!!

For me, it has also reminded me that I need to write. For the first time in a couple of years our family blog has been full of posts as I write reviews on the books we or I have read. This is helping me get back to writing, one of my greatest hobbies. I have missed it so much and it is refreshing getting back to putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys) to express what I'm thinking or to tell what's going on in our life.

I love to write. God made me a writer. And any time I read more, God uses it to remind me of how He made me and renews my love of writing. Currently I'm evaluating how God would have me user this talent to bring Him glory, because there are an infinite number of ways writing can be used. I've worked on books, worked on blogs, written letters and cards, taught my kids how to write and let them grow in writing. Having a big family means always evaluating, but as I pray, God is bringing His will for this season into view.

Even as I sit and write these words it's a part of a bigger plan, God's plan to use His people to bring glory to His name. And I'm so thankful to be a part of His story.

What about you? Where are you in God's story? What talents so you need to be using to bring Him glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment