Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday and Birthday

Today was both and I wish my birthday always fell on Ash Wednesday. Growing up I did not observe this day, but today I learned more about the celebration. Or perhaps the better phrase is this day of reflection. On the day of my birth I was able to think about my rebirth in Christ. I was born physically but spiritually dead. I was alive in the human sense, but dead in sin. But because of Christ, not only am I alive currently, but now I am alive spiritually and I will live forever with God! What a blessing that is.
Today I saw more of the depths of my sin. It was ugly and dark. But then I saw the snow come and remind me that because I am in Christ I am covered by His blood that makes me whiter than snow and beautiful. My sin is covered and I am free. Praise God I am free. I am free to live as He has created me to live. I am not perfect, but I can enjoy the life He has given me and know that when I stumble I can come back to Him in repentance and He will restore me. I know He is not done with me yet and that brings me such hope and joy. All I need is Jesus!

At the foot of the crossWhere grace and suffering meetYou have shown me your loveThrough the judgment you received
And you've won my heartAnd you've won my heart, now I can
Trade these ashes in for beautyAnd wear forgiveness like a crownComing to kiss the feet of mercyI lay every burden down at the foot of the cross
At the foot of the crossWhere I am made completeYou have given me lifeThrough the death you bore for me
And you've won my heartAnd you've won my heart, now I can
Trade these ashes in for beautyAnd wear forgiveness like a crownComing to kiss the feet of mercyI lay every burden down at the foot of the cross

Read more: DON MOEN - AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS (ASHES TO BEAUTY) LYRICS 

No comments:

Post a Comment