Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Good Enough for Who?

I failed again. I turned on the TV. I picked up fast food instead of making dinner. I didn’t get any laundry done today. My house looks like a tornado went through it. It’s been a month since I cleaned the bathroom and I didn’t do that today either.

Do thoughts like this zoom through your head too? I often feel like I’m not enough, like I will never measure up. Are you with me?

The question in the title is from “Mom’s Night Out” (which if you haven’t seen, you should) and is asked at the turning point for the main character in the movie. She is asked this question and since seeing this movie, I ask myself that question too when I feel like I’m failing at being a wife, a mom, a homemaker or anything else yet again.

In Christ we succeed. Does that mean we do everything perfectly? NO! How I wish it did. But it does mean that we are free to live and turn on the TV if it gets a little crazy or pick up fast food because unexpected things happened.

Jesus says, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

As wives, mothers, homemakers, daughters, church members, contributing members of society we labor and this culture has given us a heavy load to bear. Let it go and give it to Jesus who takes all of our burden on Him. It doesn’t mean everything will be easy, but it does mean we can be who God created us to be and be the best at it.


Because of Jesus we are already seen as good enough and we have nothing left to prove. So go be who God made you to be and stop listening to everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment