Wednesday, February 3, 2016

If all you do is teach them about Jesus, it’s a good day


I sat surrounded by lesson plans, looking at all that needed to be done for our school year. We were adding curriculum and I thought for a moment, maybe I had made a mistake. I felt beyond overwhelmed, thinking to myself, “I only have so many hours in the day. How will we ever get through all this material?”

That’s when I heard His still small voice. “As long as you teach them about Me, it has been a good day.”

I stopped and asked myself, “Why am I homeschooling?” There were so many reasons, but the primary reason is so that I can teach my children about Jesus in everything I do. As long as I teach my kids something about Jesus every day, then it is a good day.

Do you find yourself in that boat? Do you think, “We didn’t even get to school today. We are completely off schedule. I have way too much housework to do. I can’t do it all!” Then remind yourself of what Jesus says, You cannot do it all, but I have done everything.

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:4-9

This is our charge. Whether you get through every subject in your day or none at all. If we have taught them the ways of the Lord and the salvation He gives through His Son, Jesus Christ, it is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment