Friday, April 8, 2016

Remembering Kimberly



Last night I went to the memorial service for my dear Sister and friend, Kimberly Hall. December 3, 2015 she was suddenly taken home to be with Jesus in a car crash. Yesterday she would have turned 44. She left a husband, 8 children, 1 granddaughter, parents, siblings and many friends who loved her dearly.

What I remember most about Kimberly is she loved Jesus so much and wanted to love Him and please Him in everything that she did. Today she is with her Savior and enjoying the reality she so longed for, worshiping Him and praising Him in her perfect glorified body.

I met Kimberly just over a year ago at a mom's retreat for homeschool moms. She knew no one, but came anyway to meet other moms after moving to Louisville just a couple months before. Everyone admired her and said how brave she was for coming knowing no one. She had such a quiet spirit, but no one could forget her. Once we started talking, we couldn't stop. She emulated her Savior and glowed with the Holy Spirit shining through her.

Kimberly joined our writing group and I got to know her even more. Her writing was beautiful. Her ideas amazing. She loved history; studying history and teaching others about history and how it effects us today. We had intelligent conversations on how different things have effected our culture today and her writing about it was beautiful.

One of our last big conversations was on Kimberly's porch talking about what God was doing. It wasn't speculation, but the honest question of 2 of God's daughters asking, "God, what are you doing in our lives? What are you wanting to teach us?" How I loved this about her. We could seek together, ask questions together and really know Him better together.

It was a blessing to join her family and other friends to remember Kimberly. We ended the memorial service with her favorite hymn, which I have never heard before, "None of Self and All of Thee". Below are the words that shows the journey of people as they follow Jesus until they are perfected in glory.

O the bitter pain and sorrow
That a time could ever be
When I proudly said to Jesus
All of self and none of Thee

Yet He found me, I beheld Him
Bleeding on th'accursed tree
And my wistful heart said faintly
Some of self and some of Thee

Day by day His tender mercies
Healing, helping, full and free
Brought me lower while I whispered
Less of self and more of Thee

Higher than the highest heavens
Deeper than the deepest sea
Lord, Thy love at last hath conquered
None of self and all of Thee

Today Kimberly is filled completely with Jesus in her glorified body. 

How about you? What will be your state when you die? Do you know Jesus who saves us? If you don't, please ask. I would love to tell you about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who will save you too. Don't delay. You don't know when your day will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment