Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. For me it is a time to relax, spend time with family and eat amazing food. It is still all these things, but as God has been growing my heart I have realized how much I do have to be thankful for. I have been posting blessings when I get the chance so I'm not going to go back and list out things I am thankful for, but I wanted to reflect on the things I have learned as I walk with the Lord and share what I am most thankful for.

In the past 6 months in particular I have learned a great deal about God, the Bible, His ways and how He sees me. I struggle a lot with what I am suppose to do for God. I tend to think I have to do things a certain way, act a certain way, talk a certain way, etc. But in the last few months I have been shown and taught the Gospel in many different ways that have helped me to realize and understand that there is nothing I am suppose to do or have to do. Jesus did all the work for me on the cross. He took all of my sin and shame upon His body when He died and left it in the grave when He arose three days later. Apart from Christ I am nothing and I can do no good. There is no way for me to please God. But in Christ I can do the will of the Father. I am covered by the blood of Jesus and there is no work for me to do. But because of the work Christ has done in me, I desire to do good works for God. God has given us good works to do, not to earn or secure our salvation, but to bring Him glory, which is our aim. The more I learn the more I see what I am to do at this stage of my life and in the place God has put me so that I can bring Him glory. But it is only because of His work that this is possible.

This is what I am most thankful for this year and I pray that it never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment