Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Evaluation


Spiritual
  • Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan (On track to do this)
  • Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of) So far so good, this month memorized Colossians 3:12-17 and 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading (still struggling with 30 concentrated minutes on prayer, but am getting Bible reading done)
  • Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things) On track
  • Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this) Still need to develop plan
Personal
The 3rd week of January I did a J-term and most of the goals that have a number were not done or done little that week
  • Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial (Read Radical Womanhood)
  • Journal 5 days a week (averaging about 4)
  • Write (working on books) 5 days a week (averaging about 3)
  • Finish my first fiction book
  • Write 3 blog posts a week (If you read my blog you know this has not been happening, working on a plan to make it happen)
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group (Did this)
  • Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write (I did this over the course of 2 days as that worked better in January)
  • Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian (on track)
  • Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education (great conversations, hope to get a survey done in February and begin gathering data)
Marriage
  • Go on a date once a month (YES! I even tried Indian food)
  • Go on one overnight trip away
  • Read together for 30 minutes once a week (has not happened yet)
  • Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon (This has been done)
Kids
  • Take each child on a "date" once a month (YES! Sweet time with kids either with me or both Jim and I)
  • Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes) Still working on making this a regular part of the week
  • Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian (coming along well)
  • Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian (on track)
  • Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays (Yes!)
  • (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
Homemaking
  • Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more) not quite season for this but need to do some reasearch
  • Try 1 new recipe a month (I will be trying one tomorrow, and will aim to do one more in Feb)
  • Keep up with cleaning calendar (It goes back and forth, some days are better than others)
  • Develop general cleaning schedule (ongoing as I see what I like and don't like about the cleaning calendar)
Health and Fitness
  • Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week (I am working my way to this. This week I was able to go to 2 days of water aerobics and plan to do that continually)
  • Lose 30 lbs (on track)
Ministry
  • Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month (YES!)
  • Email workers once a month (Done)
  • Send 2 encouraging notes a month (Only got one done this month, plan to do 3 in Feb)

No comments:

Post a Comment