Tuesday, December 17, 2013

B.Y.O.B.

Last night I went to my first Bring Your Own Book Book club and it was so much fun! This is different from other book clubs in that you read a book of your choosing and share what you read with others. I love this idea for a few reasons.

1. When you are choosing what you are reading you are more likely to read it
2. You can get other recommendations from others and in different categories
3. It's more a time of encouragement and fellowship

Really it was great and encouraging. It was such a blessing meeting new Sisters and learning different things. Because of craziness I had not finished a book in the last month, but I shared The Historian that I read several years ago and what I have read thus far in The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert. I am looking forward to next month and hope to read 2 books before then, but if I get 1 I will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment