Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert

I borrowed this book from the SWI library after hearing a little of Rosaria Butterfield's story and overall really enjoyed it. I love how real she is. There is no sugarcoating how she felt or what she went through before becoming a Christian. The beauty of it is that it's not about shock value, but is just the realness of being a sinner, of being a human. It is a story all Christians need to read as she challenges readers to be honest with God and to question how and why we do what we do. She also challenges the way we handle things in the church. She is also funny and a good writer. There are a couple of things I personally do not agree with and feel that she overstated that did not seem to directly deal with her story, but in general I would highly recommend this book. It definitely caused me to think and helped me in understanding those who come from a background different than mine. I would give this probably 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment