Sunday, October 28, 2012

Prayer!

Today launched a 2 month prayer emphasis at Sojourn Community Church. I am so stoked about this! Prayer has always been an area of struggle for me. But recently the Holy Spirit has been convicting me about my lack of prayer and teaching me how to pray faithfully, even when I do not feel like it or I do not know what to say. Many of our pastors have been feeling the conviction to pray more as well which has led to the sermon today and the opening of the prayer chapel in our St. Vincent facility.

There will be 3 prayer services held Monday through Friday at 7am, 12pm, and 5pm.

If you live in Louisville come and pray with other believers. Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered in My Name, there am I among them." Matthew 18:20. Come and lift up this city. Pray for God to work and show us His way. Pray for the Holy Spirit to move mightily and call people to himself. Pray for our leaders, that they will be filled with God's wisdom and seek what is best for all. Pray for those sharing the Good News around the world and that those who hear the Good News will be saved!

Some of the times are adopted by certain ministries. I do not know them all, but as part of the International missions ministry I know we will be meeting Tuesdays at 5pm and Fridays at 7am to pray for the nations.

No matter when you can, come pray. It is the most important thing we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment