Friday, October 25, 2013

If God Is For Us

"And if our God is for us, then what could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?"
~Chris Tomlin

As we sang this song on Sunday these words resonated deep within my heart. The day before I had spent all day learning about the persecuted church and what my Brothers and Sisters endure for the name of Christ. We sing this song in a culture that deals with little overt persecution comparatively. Would we sing this so boldly if we were being tortured? If we were running for our lives? If we were in a 5 by 5 prison cell with no bed or toilet and only bugs to keep us company? If we were the only follower of Christ anywhere and felt completely alone without being able to discuss our faith? How far would you take this? How far would I? Is Jesus worth giving our all, even our very physical life? I say yes, and God continues to question me, "what will you sacrifice for me?" 

What am I willing to sacrifice for God? What are you willing to sacrifice? There are many Brothers and Sisters around the world who are giving their all for Christ. I hope and pray that I would be willing to give anything. I know I fail so often, but I pray that I will continue to grow into Christlikeness and be willing to say, "God is with me so nothing can stop me."

No comments:

Post a Comment