- Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan- I'm off by a lot, by God's grace I will finish by the end of the year.
- Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of)- Not really doing this, but working on verses with my kids and believe this is where I need to focus my Scripture memory right now
- Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading- I managed this a couple days a week, but not as often as I was wanting
- Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things)- Still doing this you can see this months blessings here, here, here and here
- Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this)- this did not happen this month, sadly
- Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial- Not this month
- Journal 5 days a week- No
- Write (working on books) 5 days a week- No
- Finish my first fiction book- Still seriously behind where I hoped to be at this point- but I am planning to do novel november and hoping I will finish (by God's grace)
- Write 3 blog posts a week- I got about 2 a week. That was success for October
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! Last Saturday was so encouraging
- Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write- Yes (Thank you God for SWI requirement to be able to do this)
- Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian- Hoping to get back into this, we are forgetting to much of what we have learned and I really want to learn another language now
- Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education- Had my first class in September and starting to plan for the next as well as a book and blog
- Go on a date once a month- Yes! We have actually had a few!
- Go on one overnight trip away- Done in May
- Read together for 30 minutes once a week- Not this month
- Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon- Yes
- Take each child on a "date" once a month- Right now it's the grocery store, but yes
- Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes)- Sometimes
- Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian- Yes! Both have it memorized as well as Psalm 67 with most of Proverbs 31:10-31 and Psalm 1. We are now working on verse with the school curriculum
- Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian- Plugging away with K curriculum
- Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays- Yes
- (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
- Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more)- Our garden is coming to an end as it has gotten cooler. God blessed us with more than I expected
- Try 1 new recipe a month- We tried 1 or 2 this month
- Keep up with cleaning calendar- No
- Develop general cleaning schedule- Did not work on this
Health and Fitness
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week- I've gotten back to water aerobics once a week
- Lose 30 lbs- This is on hold until May
- Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month- Yes, still praying for more people to pray
- Email workers once a month- Yes
- Send 2 encouraging notes a month- No, still hoping to catch up and improve in this area
October was also a blur. The first full week of October was Fall break, which was refreshing, but not long enough. I am very much looking forward to our 2 month winter break. This is just a busy semester, but God has been faithful to us in the midst of it.
How was October for you?
How was October for you?