Friday, February 28, 2014

February Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes, this has been done most days
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- This too has been done most days, though I know not every one
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Yes! 
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I read over Proverbs 31:10-31 and have 10-13 down, still working on getting this in my daily routine
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month- Yes
  • Go on a night away once this year- No, need to figure out when this might be possible
  • Read 3 books together this year- We have not started any yet
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Yes
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do this. I know it happened here and there, but still need to plan this better
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- We have had some crazy weather so we missed at least 1
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- We made it to the Science Center
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Wrote in Jamey's for his 5th Birthday
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Worked on getting my scrap stuff organized so I can do this
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- I'm changing my definition of what this means, so I did this about half the month
  • Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
  • Being fully present when with my family- I did not do this as well as I would have liked, but by God's grace I've seen some improvement
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes!
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- Had my first of the year last Saturday, snow and all. It was a great time of fellowship and encouragement
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- Yes! I read "Shopping for Time" and "Deadly Disclosures". I also finished "Creative Counterpart" for SWI
  • Journal 5 days a week- I think I did this about 2 weeks. This month has been a little rough 
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- Nope
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- I barely touched editing this month. Hoping to get back on it next month
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- I barely touched this either. Working more on getting the blog going.
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- I have done some initial planning!
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Rosetta Stone has been giving me some issues so I did not work on this much this month
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! 
  • Blog 3 days a week- I have definitely averaged that this month and then some!
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Yes!
  • Maintain weight until birth- Struggling with this, though not gaining as fast as I usually do
  • Lose weight after giving birth
As wonderful and productive as January was, February was difficult. I'm not really sure what happened or where, but this month was tiring and seemed to be more filled with other activities, not allowing me the time I had in January to work on some of my projects. It was not bad at all, most definitely good things, but I need to re-evaluate and see how I can get back on track for March, by God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment