Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Who Are You Loyal To?

In the past couple of years this is something that has been on my mind off and on. We talk about loyalty in many ways, whether to our country, a school, family and even certain product brands. At times it gets exhausting trying to remember who you're supposed to be loyal to. Yesterday it was on my mind again and I just prayed for clarity from the Lord. This is what He impressed upon me, yet again.

We are to be loyal to God first and foremost. We are to seek His kingdom and His righteousness above all else. The other things we are loyal to come after our loyalty to God. I am loyal to my husband because I am loyal to God and that is what He has called me to do. I'm loyal to my children because I am loyal to God and He has given these children to me to teach, train and discipline. I'm loyal to the church because I am loyal to God and the church is His body and the way He has given us to encourage one another and help each other grow. 

I could go on but I think you get the idea. When our loyalty is to God first, then it is easy to see what else we are to be loyal to. This loyalty sometime includes doing and saying things that are tough, because God is first, but that is what God calls us to. 

So I ask you, in your daily life, are you seeking to be loyal to God first?

No comments:

Post a Comment