Sunday, February 2, 2014

Keep Calm and Trust God

" 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, Trust also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.'

Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we don't know where You are going, so how can we know the way?'

Jesus answered, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

John 14:1-6

Because of Jesus we have no reason to fear. God has better for us than to live a life of fear. Jesus promises us that He will prepare a place for His people. How does He prepare it? Jesus prepared a place in heaven for His people by living a perfect life and dying the death we deserved on the cross to cover our sin and rising from the dead to conquer death for us. For those in Christ, eternal life is now.

What is the path to heaven? Jesus! He is the only way to God and heaven. Jesus has reconciled us with our perfect holy God so that we can be united with Him in heaven. 

I found it interesting Pastor Daniel pointed out that Heaven is dangerous because it is filled with God's glory. As sinners we cannot be near God's glory. But because of Jesus death on the cross, He can give us safe passage into God's presence and we do not need to be afraid. 

I pray that I will continue to reflect on these Truths and Trust God more everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment