Sunday, February 9, 2014

True Peace: The Trinity Lives in Us

Our sermon from last Sunday came from John 14:18-27. We talked about a lot, particularly focusing out our obedience being linked to our love for God. If we love Jesus then we will obey His commands.

But apart from Christ we cannot obey His commands. When we receive Christ as our Savior we receive the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, to help and guide us with the presence of God and by teaching us Truth. What I find the most amazing is that when we come to faith, we don't just invite Jesus into our hearts or only receive the Holy Spirit. We get the God head, Father, Son and Holy Spirit living inside of us.

"Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him... But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.'" John 14:23, 26

Jesus said it would be all of them living in us. God makes His home in His people! How amazing is that! And because of that we can live in peace, unafraid and unashamed and love each other the way God through Christ has loved us.

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment