Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Isaiah 53:1-3

"Who has believed what he has heard from us?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For He grew up before him like a young plant,
and like a root out of dry ground;
He had no form or majesty that we should look at Him.
He was despised and rejected by men;
A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
And as One from whom men hide their faces,
He was despised and we esteemed Him not."
~Isaiah 53:1-3

This chapter is often known as the chapter of the suffering servant. Verse 3 really hits me as it reminds me how much I have rejected Christ, caused Him grief because of my sin, despised His ways and esteemed Him not. It also reminds me that when Jesus was born and walked on Earth there was nothing special about the way He looked. Even His name was common for the time. God used His Son, in a form that had not majesty to make us look at Him, to complete the greatest act of love: a way of salvation through the blood Jesus shed on the cross. 

Lord, cast my sin off of me. Make me like Jesus, even if it means sorrow and grief. May I weep for my sin, for the lost and esteem Christ as the only way of salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment