Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Shadowed Mind by Julie Cave

This second Dinah Harris Mystery was better than the first. It was interesting and informative and written well. I was kept in suspense until the very end, which says a lot as I can usually figure out the "who done it" half way into a mystery. (Too many CSIs). It was like being in the middle of an intense Criminal Minds which made some of the information hard to read, but was very well worded to get the point across and understand the gravity of the situation.

The only down side was some of the long explanations. Though pertinent to the story, they sometimes got a bit tedious. There was also a side story that I'm not sure needed as much detail it was given, but did not take away from the story. I am looking forward to reading the 3rd book, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

I give this book 4.5 stars and definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment