Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Romans 5:8

"But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
~Romans 5:8

I was talking with a friend about grace yesterday and was saying why it's hard to say why God gives grace to people who completely reject Him, saying one person in specific. But then I remembered when reflecting later that Christ died for all of us while we were rejecting Him. Before we were righteous, Jesus died for us. Before I knew right from wrong, when I was a hateful sinner, Christ died for me! This is the amazing Truth of the Gospel, Jesus dies for sinners. Because of His death, God gives grace to sinners. No one deserves grace. No one deserves love. No one deserves to be saved from eternal wrath. But God in His great love, grace and mercy sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for us! He took our place.

Thank You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment