Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Gooney Bird Greene

I have really mixed feelings about this book. One it's super silly. Two, the way it's laid out is a little annoying and obnoxious. But it is an interesting way to teach kids how to write/tell their own stories. As an author that was what I enjoyed about the book. My kids seemed to enjoy it, which is a plus. All of the interrupting of the stories made it hard to follow and felt very ADD to me. I realize the author was doing it to teach, but I did not like it. I think my kids did, though, so for them it was probably a good way to break it up. I'm not super excited about reading this again in the future, but maybe since I'll be prepared for it, it will help me to use it to teach instead of just reading it.

I will give it 3.5 stars. My kids give it 4 and I would say 2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment