Thursday, April 16, 2015

Self Awareness

During the sermon on Sunday, our Pastor made a comment about self-awareness as we began our sermon series on emotions. I don't remember the exact comment, but it really helped me understand a little about myself and how I view others and deal with them. By God's grace, I am very self aware. This is one of those things that has happened in the last 15 years or so, little by little, but I know myself very well. I am aware of my sin tendencies, how I react to things and beginning to understand why. I am very honest with myself about what I am thinking and how I am feeling, even if I am not honest with others. I do have some blind spots, everyone does. But I know myself very well.

I have never understood how much grace God has given me to be this way. 

Being like this has caused a lot of frustration when dealing with others. Seriously, I did not realize this is God's grace. Maybe because I'm still learning about God's grace and what grace really is, but it just never dawned on me that being self-aware is evidence of God's grace in my life. How blessed I am! But how I must learn to be patient with others who are not as aware of themselves.

Father help me to extend grace to others as You have given me so much grace. Help me to point out the truth in love, the way You have done with me. Impart this amazing grace to others so that they may see themselves as they are, and continue to show me who I am. I know I have so much more to learn about myself, and by Your grace You will continue to make me aware of sin and struggles so that I can fight according to Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment