Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Evaluation

Due to circumstances this past year, I'm not really changing my goals. Some will go that are not top priority, but I'm keeping the ones that fit with the overarching goal of having a God-centered life and the things I see Him leading me to right now. So thus far this is how it goes:

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes, I'm working more directed prayer into my day
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Yes! 
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Not doing real well with this right now, a little hear and there
  • Memorize Scripture- Not much
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a week- Yes
  • Go on a night away once this year- Need to plan this
  • Read 3 books together this year- Started a list of books we want to read together
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday Saturday afternoon- Some, but still need improvement. May move it to a Saturday planning time. Need to evaluate this.
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- still need to work on this
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Still missed a couple
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Have gotten caught up and well on my way to doing this
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Finally went through some of the stuff and looked at what I need to do with what I already have
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- Still working on overhaul, so not so much with this again this month, but getting plans so that we should be able to keep up some next month
  • Keep up with my calendar- Much improvement, but still have a ways to get where I want to be with this
  • Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this, but still struggling
Ministry
  • Continue sending out Prayer List- Yes
Personal
  • Read a book a month for myself- Finished "The Time Machine" and am half way through "Oliver Twist"
  • Journal 5 days a week- Yes! God has really been giving me opportunity to do this in the morning
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- Worked on some notes for a non-fiction book that is in the works 
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- a little basic editing and began talking to people about publishing
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 - Have not worked on this
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes!
  • Blog 3 days a week- Definitely kept up with this
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- yes! I have been able to go twice a week a couple of times
  • Maintain weight until birth- Maintained well this month!
  • Lose weight after giving birth- 
I cannot believe April has come and will be gone tomorrow. God has really been working in our home and in me. He is growing us as a family, helping us to become more organized in our home and learning to relate to each other better. He is also opening up opportunities for ministry again as I will have a Childbirth Conversation Class  next month and have relaunched my Childbirth Conversation blog. (If you would like to contribute with stories or have questions you would like to see answered let me know.) God has been so gracious and is blessing far beyond what I deserve. Thank You, Father, for Your great, undeserved blessings. May I continue to see Your goodness.

What was April like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment