Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Day After

"For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
Matthew 12:40

Jesus said He would be dead 3 days, but even still I could not imagine what His followers were thinking and feeling the day after the crucifixion. On Friday, their Messiah was killed by those who hated Him. Would they be next? What was going to happen? 

The day after they were all huddled, afraid, not knowing what to do. I would like to think that I would be brave and face those who had killed Jesus, but I don't really think that's true. I would probably be huddled there with them, wondering what was going to come of me and wondering how many days I had left on earth. 

What do you think you would do?


No comments:

Post a Comment