- Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan- Currently on track
- Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of)- Not really doing this, but working on verses with my kids and believe this is where I need to focus my Scripture memory right now
- Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading- Did not really do this.
- Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things)- Still doing this you can see this months blessings here, here, here, and here
- Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this)- This did not really happen either. August is a new month
- Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial- I read The Key and finished reading Let the Nations Be Glad.
- Journal 5 days a week- No
- Write (working on books) 5 days a week- No, but working on incorportating this
- Finish my first fiction book- Still seriously behind where I hoped to be at this point- This may not happen not this year either
- Write 3 blog posts a week- Yes!
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Finally met in July. Great time of encouragement
- Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write- Um, no
- Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian- Plugging away
- Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education- God has opened so many doors for this! Putting together a class for my church and hoping to do in September and working on a book to go along with it later
- Go on a date once a month- Yes!
- Go on one overnight trip away- Done in May
- Read together for 30 minutes once a week- Um, No
- Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon- Yes
- Take each child on a "date" once a month- This did happen without planning! God's grace alone
- Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes)- Still working on this. Some weeks were better than others
- Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian- Yes! Both have it memorized as well as Psalm 67 with most of Proverbs 31:10-31 and Psalm 1.
- Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian- We are done for the year! Time to start planning for next year
- Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays- Yes
- (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
- Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more)- We have lettuce which we have eaten, and currently have plants growing for tomatoes, watermelons, cucumbers, green beans and maybe peppers (we're unsure due to labeling confusion)
- Try 1 new recipe a month- We tried 3 or 4 new ones this month! Fun times
- Keep up with cleaning calendar- Not much
- Develop general cleaning schedule- Working on tweaking the calendar I have to get everything but fits our lifestyle
Health and Fitness
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week- I have been managing some form of exercise a couple days a week
- Lose 30 lbs- Down 3 lbs from my plateau!
- Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month- Yes, still praying for more people to pray
- Email workers once a month- Yes!
- Send 2 encouraging notes a month- No, still hoping to catch up and improve in this area
July was a fun month. We made connections with people, went on vacation and saw God moving in many ways. It was definitely a blessed month in so many respects and I look forward to charging into August with gusto (though I am dragging today :) ).
How was your July?
How was your July?