Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Let the Nations Be Glad by John Piper

I really enjoyed this book, though I seriously need to go back and read it again. It is full of encouragement and challenges. Personally I was convicted many times as I read it as to how much I have glorified mission for the sake of mission over the worship and glory of God. God has been teaching me a lot about living a life of worship and reading this book along with my chronological Bible readings has really helped me in seeing how much I need to focus on God. We must be fully satisfied in Him and mission comes as an outflow of worshiping the God who satisfies our every need. I hope the next time I read it I will be able to write about each part and what it teaches me as there is too much to put in a review. Read it! I think all Followers of Christ should read it. It is for everyone, not only those who seek to live and work in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment